Features of the Absorption module
- Passive optics characteristics (reflectance, transmittance, absorbance spectra, scalar figure-of-merits, angular dependencies)
- Polarization optics
- Coherent thin film optics
- Incoherent substrate definition
- Arbitrary combination of coherent and incoherent thin film optics
- Spectral penetration of external illumination
- Arbitrary illumination spectrum
- Photon absorption rate profile
- Layer-specific absorbances
Through the calculation of the layer-specific absorbances, examine the critical parameters that affect the short-circuit current of your solar cell.
The optical model implemented in the setfos absorption module is based on a modified transfer matrix formalism that allows to calculate the photon flux across any optical stack. Arbitrary sequences of coherent and incoherent layers are therefore computed correctly to get all quantities inherent to optical coatings and solar cells.
With setfos, maximize the absorption of a single layer, optimize the thickness combination in your stack, adjust and match the short-circuit currents of your tandem solar cell and much more!